I’ve not disappeared entirely. I’ve been, what’s the excuse? Oh, yeah. “Busy.”
I’m officially one year closer to 30. To most of the women that I’ve met, this is daunting. Tormenting. Frightful. Terrifying, even. It’s as if their lives will be over the instant they leave their twenties. Me?
I started knitting when I was in my late teens, determined to make my own Harry Potter Gryffindor scarf. It took forever, was correct only in color, and never saw a purl stitch, but I loved every thing about it.
Have you ever lost passion for something? Given up on it? Did it return?
Continue reading “Holding On”
Well, it’s here: 2014.
I stopped making New Year’s Resolutions many years ago. Rather, when I decide a goal for myself, I generally begin right away.
For example, I’m on a weight loss journey. I could have waited until January 2014 to kick start myself, but I started in December and met my first weight loss goal before this new year even began. That’s a way to start a new year!
For the hell of it, however, I decided to make a little list for myself and see what happens. 14 things to accomplish before the end of 2014:
- Compile my “dash of this” cooking style into actual recipes.
- Keep a vase full of fresh flowers at all times.
- Plan, create and sustain a vegetable garden.
- Knit a set of new dishcloths.
- Paint the master bedroom, office and kitchen.
- Read five new books.
- Run a mile.
- Take weekend road trips.
- Design & sew a new purse.
- Dance more.
- Blog weekly.
- Start and finish one new video game.
- Discover more about where I live (restaurants, museums, etc.).
- Photograph everything.
As I accomplish, or work on, these goals, I’ll update and we’ll see where we land by 2015.
How about you? Are you a resolution maker and/or breaker?